Tuesday 18 September 2012

Maybelline Makeup Haul!!

Online Shopping Series, #1

I have been going makeup crazy online lately and I thought I would do a series of 'haul' posts to let you guys see some of the products I've been getting, my first impressions and also a review of the websites I buy from.
So here is the first post.

Makeup Brand(s):

Maybelline

Website:

www.brandsexclusive.com.au 

Shipping cost:

$9.90


Shipping time:

2 weeks, 6 days


Total spend (less shipping):

$39.93

Number of products purchased:

7

The products!


1. Colour Sensational lip colour #025 Pink Please

Swatches: Pink freeze, Plink Please, Fluffy Cloud, Twilight Pink
I absolutely adore these lipsticks! This one is lovely and creamy and a very natural, not quite nude subtle pink colour. The shade is perfect with a bright eye or stand-out blush.

2. Colour Sensational high shine lip colour #805 Pink Freeze

This is actually I re-purchase I first bought this shade from a similar sale a few months ago and have worn it almost everyday. It is a super bright pink that really stands out. I don't understand why they say it's 'high shine' because it's actually quite matte, but I like to put a pale pink or clear lip gloss over it and that looks really nice. It's the perfect shade for spring/summer to really make your lips POP!

Silver Stunner and Purple Pearl

3. Eye Studio Cream Duo #107 Silver stunner

I had never tried these eyeshadow duos before but the colours looked real pretty, so I thought I would give them a try. I used this shade today and it wasn't quite what I was expecting. In the pan it looks quite pink, but on the lids it comes out more of a grey-ish purple. It is very long lasting though and easy to apply.

4. Eye Studio Cream Duo #109 Purple pearl

I haven't used this one yet, but from swatching it, I don't know that the colour is going to be all that different from the shade above. Although it looks purple in the pan.

5. Unstoppable eyeliner in Fluffy Cloud

This is a lovely white eye liner. I have loves the unstoppable eyeliners for a couple of years now and this is no exception. It glides on easy and stays on all day. What I love about it is that unlike many white eyeliners, you actually get a really good colour pay off. Great to brighten up your eyes.

6. Unstoppable eyeliner in Twilight Pink

This is a gorgeous baby pink colour and is great just like above!

7. Xxl Curl mascara #532 Very Black, waterproof

Another re-purchase. My mum got me the non-waterproof version of this for Christmas and I am almost all out. I have been loving the way it lengthens, thickens and curls my lashes and lasts all day. I am very keen to try the waterproof version, especially considering how long the non waterproof version lasts!

The Website:

Brands Exclusive has long been a favourite of mine. It is a sale website which releases new products/brands a couple of times every day. Sales usually last about a week or until stocks run out. They have a great range of products; men's, women's and children's clothing, home wares, electronics, makeup, pyjamas, underwear, toys, books and pretty much everything under the sun. They have also recently started up another branch, Living Exclusive, which is all stuff for the home, including appliances etc.

Shipping is flat rate at $9.90 but extra charges apply for bulky items. You can't combine shipping of products bought in different sales, but you only pay the flat rate once per order, regardless of the number of items purchased (unless otherwise stated).

It is a membership based service but membership is free and there are no obligations to purchase.

They always pack the items very well with bubble wrap and pink tissue paper, in a specially marked postage box. Packages require signature on delivery.

I have never had any problems with this website, and the discounts can be huge, sometimes as much as 80% off!!! I would recommend this service to everyone.

*They only ship within Australia.

**I am in no way affiliated with any of the brands/services mentioned. All products were purchased with my own money. All opinions are honest and my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment