Christmas Series #1
Wondering what to get for the woman who gave you life this Christmas? Here are a few ideas to get you started.
My dad, brother and I are all putting in to get mum an iPad which is a great gift idea if you have a few people to go in together, or if your just ridiculously rich! haha. Tablets are becoming so popular these days so as long as your mum has some technological knowledge it could be a really good idea.
If your looking for something a little cheaper here are some other ideas;
1. If she has a tablet computer or smartphone you could consider buying some Apps for her that you think she'd like and downloading them for her on Christmas morning.
Alternatively you could get an iTunes voucher.
2. Buy her a subscription to her favourite magazine. If your mum if anything like my mum, she'll love cooking/recipe magazines. Or maybe she is more into celebrity mags or lifestyle publications such as the Australian Women's Weekly. Whatever the topic, it'll be a gift that keeps on giving, and you'll be in the good books all the way until next Christmas. (Always a plus haha.)
3. If you think your mum works too hard perhaps you could treat her to some relaxation products. I try to avoid the stock-standard gift packs as they are almost always over-priced and usually come with at least one item that is fairly useless (a bar of soap anyone?)
I find it to bed a more personal gift if I go to a store such as The Body Shop or Lush and select a few individual products that I think she would benefit from. The usual favourites include hand creams, bath bombs, night creams etc.
Just be careful of anything that claims to be 'anti-ageing' or 'anti-wrinkle' as some people may be offended by this and you don't want to be the one who starts the all-out massive family brawl on Christmas day.
4. On the relaxation theme, you could purchase a voucher for a facial/massage/spa day. If your close with your mum you could book a mother/daughter day to make it even more special.
5. Books are always another favourite and given we are living in the 21st Century, you could consider Ebooks as they tend to be slightly cheaper and are easy to read on the go.
These are just a few suggestions of things that always impress my mum.
What are you getting your mum for Christmas this year?
What's your all-time favourite gift?
Until next time :) xxx